Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First French Word of the Day

My grandfather is a big fan of word of the day calendars. I once gave him a French expressions calendar, and it was fun to have him ask me what things meant. His French pronunciation was pretty impressive. In line with that tradition, I've decided to start posting a word of the day.

I just opened up my dictionary, and the first word my finger hit was miteux (miteuse, f.). Miteux means "shabby." I think it's an appropriate first word to describe my first encounters with the French administration.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you. Good to message with you yesterday, brave girl. Your coffee shop community sounds lovely. Can't wait to read about your new schools and stories about your students. Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really awesome. French language is romance language. I love to learn new french word everyday. I have great resources for learning french language. If you have interest then you can visit link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate