Friday, August 2, 2013

LSAT Livin' and Yoga

This may seem a little extreme, but after a few months of studying I feel like it could be a good strategy.

     

     Have you ever taken the LSAT? Considering it? I'm in the throes of battle with logical reasoning, and I'm only beginning to gain the upper hand. My best piece of advice for the moment is this– it applies to life in general, as well- give yourself plenty of time. I decided to take the test in October after taking a pre-June test prep-class and quickly realizing how much I had to learn and practice. Law schools like to have you thinking like a lawyer before you even step foot on campus. They like you to think logically, that is. Thinking in a logical manner is surprisingly difficult. Being under the pressure of a 35 minute time limit does not help. So, lesson learned, all you need is time. 

     My strategies for conquering the LSAT have shifted recently, and it's about time for a new post. 4 months into studying, I give you my suggestions:

  • Become a yoga instructor. Learn to meditate and control your mind. Use the breathing techniques to ease standardized-test anxiety. Ok, maybe just taking a few yoga classes will do. But really, become a yoga instructor. I'll go more into detail on that later...
  • Drink more tea. Drink less wine. Maybe it's just me, but does coffee seem to make you more tired and less able to concentrate from time to time? I know it's sad, but wine does the same thing.
  • Walk more. Bring your mom along. Talk to her about the most common flaw found on the LSAT. She'll love it.
  • Take on studying in small doses. 2 to 3 hours is about all I can handle if I'm not actually sitting down for a Prep Test.
  • Buy the PowerScore books. Read them. Use them as pillows and hope that some of their wisdom will seep in through your ear. Read them again when you wake up, just in case osmosis didn't work.
  • Take one day off a week to just chill.
  • Check out these sites: 
  • Rock the LSAT! At least, I hope that's what happens come October 5th. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate